I get a lot of question from my brides and clients, so here is a list of general answers to those questions.
How long have you been in the photography industry and what equipment do you use?
I have been a photographer since 2010, all started with Sony equipment but I changed to Canon which I have been using for the last 5 years now.
Will you be taking my photos on our special day?
Yes, off course. It will be me and my assistant most of the time my assistant is my lovely husband.
Do we get to meet you before hand?
Most definitely, I love to meet my couples over coffee in an informal setting so we can chat and get to know each other. The moment I get a new client we always schedule that coffee date ;). But if you are far away we can always use Skype.
What is an Engagement shoot? and how does it work?
For every wedding I include an Engagement shoot, this is a pre-wedding couple shoot. I use this opportunity to get you comfortable in front of the camera, this will also give you an idea of how the couple shoot session on your wedding day will work. BUT mostly this session is there to have fun, to forget about all the pre-wedding stress, and just spend time with your hubby to be!
Do you edit our pictures?
Yes, I spend a great deal of time on every picture I captured on your special day, therefore it can take up to 8 weeks before you will receive your photos. I do not give unedited RAW files.
What happens if it rains on our shoot/ wedding day?
In the summer months in Gauteng we can expect rain, we always discuss a back up plan should it rain before hand, my equipment is also a bit weather sealed, and I have a bunch of beautiful see-through umbrella’s.
How does your payment structure work?
We require a 50% non-refundable booking fee to confirm you wedding date with us. The 40% of the outstanding balance needs to be payed the week of the wedding and the last 10% gets payed on delivery of your photos.
How do we receive the images?
Most of the time the images will be couriered to you, the images will all be on disc or USB.
What can I do to make sure I get the best possible photos?
- Relax and be yourself, Have fun its your wedding day!
- Light, Make sure the room you are getting dressed in has a lot of natural light coming in.
- Getting married outside? make sure you stand under a tree of gazebo this will help with harsh sunlight and shadows.
- Adding extra light to your reception makes a big difference ask you dJ for a few up lighters agains the walls, a lot of candles (but note that Candles alone are not enough) everything to help set the perfect mood.
- Family photos, we do work off a list, this keeps everything going smooth and we don’t forget anyone.
- Make sure you dress is a perfect fit and comfortable, and most important you can sit in it!
- Have you reception completely done an hour before we start with bridal portraits, this helps to ensure nothing will run late.
Here is some tips on how to plan your time schedule:
- Decor shots: 45 min
- Bride before the ceremony: 1 and a half hours, please have your makeup and hair done by this time.
- Ceremony: 30 min – 1 hour, depending on the type of ceremony
- Family & Group shots, usually takes about 20 min – 30 min, we work of the list here, once i have the list I can give you a better Idea.
- Bridesmaids + Groomsmen 15 min – 20 min , this also depends on how may bridesmaids and Groomsmen you have.
- Couple photos: 45 min – 1 hour+ (We try to keep it short, we love to shoot 45min before sunset)